Customer-specific test leaks – series ELY
Customer-specific test leaks are manufactured with the geometry of the parts and an integrated nozzle. They are used for the simulation of leakages at the monitoring of leak testers or flow meters and they are connected instead of the test sample in the adaption.
Depending on inlet pressure and type of gas a test leak adjusts a defined mass or volume flow by an orifice. There is a distinction between critical and subcritical operation depending on the pressure ratios on inlet and outlet. Due to the high manufacturing tolerance they are only delivered with calibration certificate.
Product features include:
- Test leaks on basis of customer parts with nozzle bores
- Leakage rates of 2 Nml/min up to 10 Nl/min
- Inlet pressures of 0.01 up to 40 bar relative
- Manufacturing tolerance ±5 % up to ±10% of the nominal value
- Media compatibility: air and inert gases
- Factory or DAkkS–DKD calibration certificate
- Calibration accuracy ±0.65% up to 1% of reading
- Flow: Correction and conversion equations are indicated.
- Operational safety: Lower susceptibility for contamination compared with sinter leaks.
During critical operation the absolute inlet pressure is at least twice as high as the outlet pressure. The mass flow is approximately proportional to the present inlet density and the speed of sound of the medium.
During subcritical operation the absolute inlet pressure is less than twice of the outlet pressure. A mass flow is adjusted, which is proportional to the square root of the product of the differential pressure between inlet and outlet and the inlet density of the medium.